Dr. Richard J. Klimek, Director
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Fellow, Maryland Psychological Association
- Member, American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (certified in Clinical Hypnosis)
Areas of Interest
- Stress management
- Anxiety and depression
- Personality disorders
- Chronic and acute medical problems
- Individual psychotherapy
- Consultation and evaluation
- Workshops in Mind-Body Healing
Mind-Body Healing Workshops
Medical research tells us that upwards of 70% of all illnesses are related to problems of chronic stress and anxiety.
Are you facing stressful situations? Are you dealing with sudden or chronic illness? The Maryland Center for Mind-Body Healing offers Workshops that use mind-body approaches to increase the Health Quotient of people facing stressful situations or chronic illness.
- What is Mind-Body Healing?
Mind-Body Healing is also referred to as complementary and alternative medicine. Mind-Body Healing techniques include hypnosis, guided imagery, meditation, and progressive relaxation.
A Mind-Body Healing Workshop is designed to increase your Health Quotient, a subjective evaluation of the pain and discomfort you are experiencing expressed on a scale of one (low) to ten (high). All of the healing strategies you will learn in our Workshops are focused on bringing you to a more comfortable level of relaxation and reducing your pain and distress as well as increasing your potential for healing.
- How can a Mind-Body Healing Workshop help?
A Mind-Body Healing Workshop equips participants to apply the Three Basic
- Relaxation techniques
- What kinds of health problems are addressed in Mind-Body Healing Workshops?
The Mind-Body Healing Workshops are intended to raise the Health Quotient of
people with stress or sudden or chronic illnesses such as:
- Heart disease
- Chronic and acute pain
- Depression, anxiety, panic episodes
- Diabetes, fibromyalgia, electrical injuries
- Other medical and psychological problems
- What techniques are used during Mind-Body Healing workshops?
Each workshop is tailored to meet the needs of the participants, but
generally includes at least the following:
- Guided imagery
- Progressive relaxation
- How can I enroll in a Mind-Body Healing Workshop?
- Please call the Maryland Center for Mind-Body Healing for more information at 301.340.9422.